over 2 years ago
As a Superintendent you will lead, direct, and coordinate the work of subcontractors and/or trade labor. The Superintendent is responsible for ensuring safety, schedule delivery, quality of work performed and adherence to budget of the project, with the goal of project completion for the complete scope of for a specific are of work or trade discipline. As well as oversee and make decision related to the scheduling, delivery, logistics, quality control, trade employee staff levels, and general conditions expenditures.
- Having complete knowledge of all contracts, subcontract documents, drawings and specifications, shop drawings, schedules, labor agreements and local codes.
- Managing labor relations with subcontractors and fellow staff
- Overseeing work among trades to promote and coordinated project operations. Resolving local area problems regarding procedures, precedence, design clarifications, adequate labor and equipment, schedule and all other appropriate matters.
- Responsible for ensuring trades adherence to the terms of the subcontracts.
- Managing the work to ensure that it is installed in compliance with and conforms to the approved contract documents
- Executing QA/QC processes, including but not limited to all third-party special inspections
- Ensuring all necessary permits and insurance are in place and kept current for the term of the project. Acting as liaison to inspection agencies.
- Managing the overall site safety program as required and ensuring subcontractor compliance with company standards and all applicable safety codes and regulations.
- Creating schedules and determining sequencing of work. Developing and implementing recovery strategies to maintain project schedule.
- Organising and leading trade subcontractor meetings to discuss safety, scheduling, quality, and other relevant matters.
- Communicating with owners, trades, and architects/engineers in connection with field issues. Investigating and resolving such issues.
- Reporting to the project team with regard to work in place, and overseeing the monthly estimate of work completed, payrolls, material invoices and subcontractor payment applications.
- Responsible for timely notification, and documentation to support resolution of back charges and change orders
- Responsible for reviewing and vetting field tickets and submitting to Project Superintendent
- In conjunction with the Project Manager, assuming responsibility for close-outs, including TCOs, as-built, local agency sign-offs, punch lists, etc.
- Responsible for the accurate and timely submission of daily journals
We are looking for a flexible, detailed-oriented team player with the ability to manage multiple tasks, manage project teams, produce quality work, and consistently meet deadlines. The successful candidate will possess:
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Minimum of 4 years related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience
- Knowledge of building construction means and methods, scheduling and cost control procedures, general contract, general conditions, subcontract documents, drawings and specifications. Proven written and verbal communication abilities; proficiency with computer application, including Microsoft Office suite.
- Ability to read, understand and interpret contract documents, drawings, specifications, scopes of work and project schedule. Demonstrated leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Preferred Project Experience: Bio-tech, pharmaceutical, health-care, laboratory, or high-tech manufacturing
Oscar Associates Limited (US) is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.