over 1 year ago
As Project Superintendent, you will be responsible for the total direction, coordination, and leadership efforts of subcontractors and/or trade labor.
Project Superintendent is chiefly responsible for ensuring safety, delivery of schedule, and work quality, and adherence to project budget, with a goal of project completion for the entire scope or for a specific area of work or trade discipline. In addition, the Project Superintendent is in charge of any and all decisions relating to scheduling, delivery, logistics, quality control, staffing levels, general conditions and expenditures.
- Schedule subcontractors, consultants, and vendors in critical path to ensure timely completion.
- Perform quality control duties and responsibilities regarding the work being performed.
- Communicate with project team regarding ASI's, RFI's, and Material Submittals.
- Ensure that subcontractor is fully executing and complying with their contracted scope of work.
- Coordinate required inspections with local jurisdictions.
- Identify subcontractor non-compliance with safety, health, and environmental quality standards.
- Identify conflicts in construction progress and communicate them to project team for resolution.
- Maintain daily log (written) of activities on the jobsite.
- Perform Superintendent duties at multiple job sites, simultaneously.
- Ensure subcontractor has corrected all deficiencies identified by project team.
- Walk all units on project daily to monitor activities and assist in future planning.
- Preside over subcontractor meetings designed to coordinate the work.
- Issue notices of non-compliance to subcontractors in regards to quality of work or scheduling.
- Ensure that the job site is always kept in a clean and organized manner.
- Perform job progress and completion punch list identification and completion.
- Bachelor's degree plus a minimum of 7 years' related experience, or an equivalent combination of education, training, and/or experience.
- Knowledge of building construction mean and methods, scheduling and cost control procedures, general contract, general conditions, subcontract documents, drawings and specifications. Proven written and verbal communication abilities; proficiency with computer applications, including Microsoft Office suite.
Oscar Associates Limited (US) is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.