11 months ago
Austin TX: Nationally Recognized General Contractor specializing in commercial projects is seeking to hire a preconstruction manager in Austin.
- Manage and review work of mid-level Estimators
- Prepares quantity take-offs and estimates on various projects.
- Develops relationships with sub-contractors and identifies new subcontractors to meet the construction needs of the company.
- Originates and maintains current subcontractor solicitation lists.
- Coordinates bids and obtains and analyzes bids on projects from subcontractors.
- Prepares accurate pricing of estimates, including labor, material and subcontract items. Obtains adequate number of plans and specifications.
- Develops material cost information for specific project types.
- Provides other services such as change order pricing, attending pre-bid conferences and site visits. Interfaces with clients, owner's representatives, account executives and contractors to provide engineering and cost data.
- Bachelor's degree in Construction Management or Engineering or related field
- 8+ years of experience estimating as well as 1+ years of experience in management position
- Excellent computer skills (MSOffice/Excel) in addition to well-developed budgeting, purchasing and organizational skills.
- Construction management experience estimating for commercial projects in the Austin area.
The successful candidate will be given an industry leading base salary plus a bonus plan based on total project value. Additionally, a company truck program, gas card, phone, laptop and 401k is provided. You will be rewarded with a supportive organization that has the pipeline and reputation on delivering projects around the country.
If you're interested in this role, reach out to me on LinkedIn or send me a copy of your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position within the Construction industry, reach out for a confidential discussion on your career. We work with General Contractors in;
Healthcare Construction | High|rise Construction | Interior Renovations | Tenet Build Outs |K|12 Construction |Hospitality Construction |Mixed Use Construction |Retail Construction |Multifamily Construction
Oscar Associates Limited (US) is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.