£Competitive + Additional Benefits
about 2 years ago
Why Join Oscar?
Upon winning a major project with a huge oil company in Houston, it was in 2012 that the need for a
physical office presence was crucial; already having a footprint of clients and candidates in Texas
meant an amazing opportunity for us to further grow the business in the famous Energy capital!
Seven years later we have successfully expanded our Energy and Technology brands across the USA,
quadrupled our head count internally as well as recently launching our third and most recent brand
within Construction Recruitment.
2018 was our most victorious year yet; we moved into a brand new state of the art office, where we
continued to break company records and welcomed more new starters to the business.
2019 is set to be another incredible year; already we have implemented a new CRM system, as well
as adding further investment in cutting edge tools.
Due to rapid growth we are now planning for the imminent opening of our 2nd USA office which will
be in Austin, Texas!
We are searching for an experienced compliance professional to guide and provide expertise for
Oscar America in relation to all compliance related topics. You will play an integral part in developing
the compliance function, ensuring seamless annual audits and consistency across client and
contractor terms of business.
Interaction with various levels of different stakeholders will be very familiar for you; you will work
closely with the financial controller who is based out of our UK office, but have daily face to face
communication with the Director who manages the Houston Office.
This position is perfect for someone who sees themselves as a subject matter expert and is raring to
showcase their skills portfolio, acting as an ambassador to promote compliance awareness and good
Joining a small team you will need to work collaboratively with the Operations Manager as well as
the Operations Assistant with the core goal to improve processes overall, through monitoring
changes in regulatory compliance requirements and communicating appropriately ensuring
complete adherence across the board.
We are experiencing exciting and rapid growth, this is why your role will not be limited to one area
of compliance but infact supporting a range of tasks inclusive of i9’s, workers comp Insurance,
commercial insurances and contractor pay packages.
Local knowledge is absolutely crucial as well as the ability to carry out state registrations and layer
communication of E2 and TN visa’s for w2 contractors.
- I-9 (Employment Verification) – knowledge and experience is absolutely essential in order to maintain accurate and compliant records. Including the knowledge on how to correct an incorrect I-9.
- Strong commercial background relating to contractor compliance
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and prioritise workloads/forward planning
- Attention to detail
- Proactive work ethic
- Excellent communication skills – the role will involve communicating at all levels within Oscar, client companies and contractors across different time zones.
What we offer
- Full Medical Insurance (100 % employer contribution)
- Full Dental, short & long term disability & lifetime insurance (100 % employer contribution)
- 20 days PTO + public holidays
- 401k plan
- Free vacation between Christmas & New Year
- 12pm Friday finishes every week
- Enhanced paid leave for important life events