US$80000 - US$95001 per annum + 401k match, truck, bonus, insurances,
6 months ago
Currently recruiting for an excellent growing firm in the Dallas/Fort Worth area.
My client is a turn-key cast-in-place concrete contractor executing drilled piers, foundations, foundation walls, slabs on grade, slabs on metal deck, tilt-wall panels, and elevated CIP structures for the general commercial, light industrial, infrastructure, single family, and multi-family projects.
They are looking for an excellent individual with atleast 3 years estimating experience to join the growing team.
My client are offering excellent training and development and the opportunity to get in on the ground floor of an exciting new project with plenty of room for progression.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conducts quantity take off in Bluebeam, constructs a cost model, and submits a formal proposal for projects - 5 formal proposals/week
- Constructs budgets with limited information with appropriate assumptions and standard assemblies in similar projects
- Understands where there are holes in the contract documents and how to manage them in the bidding process
- Updates and manages the bid log.
- Follows up on proposal submissions and can ascertain shortfalls in proposal submissions
- Develops rapport with clients through personable interactions (bid follow ups, scope review, business development lunches, budget responsiveness)
- Negotiates with clients to close profitable projects wins
- Composes project budgets
- Negotiates and awards subcontractors/suppliers
- Cultivates strong supplier relationships
- Develops a real time trend for what different project profiles are being sold for
- Reviews scope of work and negotiates with clients to ensure subcontract aligns with proposal
This position would suit an individual with 3 years + estimating experience or a project manager looking to transition into the role.
Oscar Associates Limited (US) is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.