Wilmington, North Carolina
US$75000 - US$85000 per annum
over 2 years ago
Our client is a leading general contractor across the region. Due to their excellent reputation in the market the company has secured an extensive pipeline of projects in the Commercial Construction space.
- Performs accurate, thorough and timely quantity takeoffs using company format, detail and coding for all levels of project documents
- Develops accurate and concise clarifications and assumptions with project management team's assistance.
- Obtains clarification on plans and specifications from architects and engineers when necessary.
- Solicits and analyzes subcontractor and vendor pricing input when required.
- Attends project site pre-bid meetings, site tours, and post-bid interviews as required.
- Develops unit costs accurately.
- Performs technical/plan review when required.
- Considers and understands problems, and identifies appropriate solutions.
- Develops knowledge in building designs, systems and construction materials through available resources.
- 4 years or more of commercial construction estimating experience
- Knowledgeable in some of the following: civil/site construction, foundation and structural systems, miscellaneous metals, casework, doors, specialties, interior finishes, exterior building wall systems, mechanical and electrical systems and the costs of these systems.
- Strong computer skills including the ability to use estimating software (e.g. On Screen Takeoff, Desiniti), word process, spread sheets, bid management, online plan rooms (e.g. Building Connected, Smartbidnet), database applications, and company communication tools, such as email, internet and Microsoft products (e.g., Word, Excel, Office, Outlook).
The successful candidate will be given an industry leading base salary plus a bonus plan based on total project value. Additionally a company truck program, gas card, phone, laptop and 401k is provided.
If you're interested in this role, reach out to me on LinkedIn or send me a copy of your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position within the Construction industry, reach out for a confidential discussion on your career. We work with General Contractors in;
Healthcare Construction | High-rise Construction | Interior Renovations | Tenet Build Outs |K|12 Construction |Hospitality Construction |Mixed Use Construction |Retail Construction |Multifamily Construction
Oscar Associates Limited (US) is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.