about 2 years ago
Prepares and coordinates preparation of full estimates on large, complex works. Manages and oversees estimating projects. Provides complete conceptual and final estimating input on complex CM work. Provides complete total bid price for bid work. Deals with owners, A/Es, and contractors to resolve technical matters during negotiation and contract execution. May supervise junior staff members. Position normally requires 10-15 years of construction estimating experience
- Oversee, coordinate, support and develop junior estimating staff.
- Actively participate in the preconstruction process.
- Coordinate and execute conceptual estimating services as assigned.
- Coordinate and execute the bidding process as assigned.
- Support Operations during the buy-out process.
- Understand market and subcontractor conditions.
- Interface effectively with Owners, A/Es, and subcontractors.
- Analyze projects and determine the key elements for a successful bid.
- Other duties as assigned
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Preferred proficiency in Timberline, On-Screen Take Off and Excel software.
- Ability to handle change.
- Ability to handle and manage pressure situations calmly.
- Ability to focus on the problem and develop solutions.
- Fully understanding of the construction industry and of the management of a construction company.
- Ability to recognize and adapt to the needs of Owners, A/Es, Operations personnel and subcontractors.
- Able to build relationships of trust with the subcontracting community.
- Able to work independently and without direction. Able to produce large volumes of work accurately in a limited time frame.
The company is an Equal Opportunity Employer and applicants must be authorized to work in the United States.
Oscar Associates Limited (US) is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.