almost 2 years ago
Prepare and coordinate complete estimates on large-scale commercial construction projects. Manage the preconstruction team. Provided complete/accurate conceptual estimates on complex commercial CM @ Risk projects. Develope complete bid prices for all bid work. Work together with owners, A/E's, and subcontractors to resolve problems or discrepancies during negotiation and execution phase. Position requires 10-15 years of commercial estimating experience.
- Manage, support, train, and develop junior estimating staff
- Direct oversight of the preconstruction process
- Execute conceptual estimates as assigned
- Execute the bidding process as assigned
- Support operations during the buy-out process
- Understand market and subcontractor conditions
- Interface and build relationships with Owners, A/E's, and subcontractors
- Analyze projects and determine the key elements for a successful bid.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Preferred proficiency in Timberline, On-Screen Take Off, and Excel software.
- Flexible to a changing environment
- Ability to work independently and without direction.
4 years degree in construction-related field required
Minimum 10 years of commercial estimating experience
Must be located in Houston, Texas
Authorized to work in the United States
Oscar Associates Limited (US) is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.