US$100000 - US$120000 per annum + two bonuses, medical, 401k
9 months ago
Senior Estimator - concrete frame - Dulles, VA
- $60m, 200 employee sized business
- Repeat business from D.C.'s top commercial contractors as the CEO has held relationships for over 35 years
- Provider of concrete construction services to commercial ground up and restoration projects in D.C.
- foundation/retaining walls, slabs, frame, columns, wall bracing, shearwalls, beams, framed stairs, piers, elevator pits etc.
- Managing 4-8 projects at a time, 2-15 storey concrete frame, foundation projects (2-3 storeys more commonly), typically 5k-20k yards (hotel, apartment, office, healthcare, education, government)
- Sweet spot for project sizes $5m-$10m - The company manages around 50 projects per year
- Review project plans, requirements and specifications
- Determine labor & equipment costs
- Produce accurate quantity takeoffs and materials pricing
- Review and understand all bid documents and assess project risks
- Understand and incorporate project logistics and project schedule in the estimate
- Acquire, compare and analyze responsive subcontractor and material supplier quotes
- Prepare estimates at different levels of completion
- Perform pre-construction duties such as prebid site visits as required
- Attend scope review meetings to finalize and streamline final contract
- Work with project operations team on change orders, value engineering and repricing options through the duration of the project
- The Superintendents run the jobsites
- The estimator will have little travel, except for any conferences and client socials to maintain solid client relations
- Senior estimator who knows drawings/blueprints (ideally a civil engineering degree but not essential - engineers tend to be fast learners) to come in, not require professional training, but learn the company's process
- It's uncommon for individuals to come from the field, but they have had some great people come from the field who may want to move to the office
- Their best estimators are meticulous, sharp, detailed, organized, methodical, routine/process oriented with high communication skills to write effective letters, emails, proposals etc.
- $100,000-$120,000 negotiable depending on experience
- Relocation assistance if required
- All project management and estimating professionals within the company earn job bonuses. These are paid out on project completion (regardless as to whether the customer has paid the company). When running 4-8 projects at a time, bonuses will come frequently, as each project will be at a different stage. The amount of bonus depends on the job size but generally, each year, individual bonus (as a total annual number) is between 10% and 20% of salary
- There is also a quota bonus (a bonus based on individual performance)
- Medical & dental
- 12 PTO + accrue more days with service
Oscar Associates Limited (US) is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.