San Antonio, Texas
over 2 years ago
Our client is a leading general contractor across Texas & surrounding states. As they continue to grow and expand they are looking to add senior professionals to their preconstruction team.
- Assist in the pricing and bidding of construction projects, reviewing milestone documents to price alternative opportunities
- Participate in the internal estimate review process and assist with final assembly of estimate presentation for owner
- Participate in hard bid/estimating and GMP budgeting by evaluating bids and collecting/organizing information for future use
- Prepare contractual exhibits for scope of work for subcontracts, and direct information/documents to subcontractors
- Build and maintain relationships with subcontractors, vendors and clients, and represent the company at industry events
- Perform quantity take-offs and aid in change order pricing
- Communicate with architects and consultants to clarify scope of work, materials, and schedule requirements
- Implement all applicable safety and EEO/Affirmative Action programs on-site
- 9 years or more of commercial construction estimating experience
- Knowledgeable in some of the following: civil/site construction, foundation and structural systems, miscellaneous metals, casework, doors, specialties, interior finishes, exterior building wall systems, mechanical and electrical systems and the costs of these systems.
- Strong computer skills including the ability to use estimating software (e.g. On Screen Takeoff, Desiniti), word process, spread sheets, bid management, online plan rooms (e.g. Building Connected, Smartbidnet), database applications, and company communication tools, such as email, internet and Microsoft products (e.g., Word, Excel, Office, Outlook).
The successful candidate will be given an industry leading base salary plus a bonus plan based on total project value. Additionally a company truck program, gas card, phone, laptop and 401k is provided.
If you're interested in this role, reach out to me on LinkedIn or send me a copy of your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position within the Construction industry, reach out for a confidential discussion on your career. We work with General Contractors in;
Healthcare Construction | High-rise Construction | Interior Renovations | Tenet Build Outs |K|12 Construction |Hospitality Construction |Mixed Use Construction |Retail Construction |Multifamily Construction
Oscar Associates Limited (US) is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.