Durham, North Carolina
US$85000 - US$95000 per annum
over 1 year ago
Market leading General Contractor that is based and was founded in North Carolina. They have a strong pipeline of health care, life sciences and office space projects. Our client employees a dynamic team with "go getter" attitudes.
An overall description of the Superintendent's role is to implement and maintain full control of all field matters.
- Set up of the field office appropriate for the project.
- Review and be familiar with contract documents, specifications, shop drawings, and submittals.
- Help develop the overall schedule with the team prior to construction and managing that schedule throughout the project including the creation and maintenance of 2-4 week look-ahead schedules.
- Develop and maintain the site logistics plan for the project.
- Review and assist in developing scopes of work for each subcontractor.
- Perform constructability reviews.
- Conduct preconstruction meetings with all subcontractors prior to beginning each phase of work.
- Direct field operations to operate according to the "plan" and in an efficient manner.
- Conduct foreman's meetings.
- Participate in progress meetings with the team and or owners.
- Follow up on RFIs, submittals, as-builts and changes.
- Administering the safety program for the project.
- Conducting and ensuring quality control in accordance with the established project quality assurance program.
- Minimum of 10 years' of construction industry experience and experience overseeing projects/trades with value of $20M or more.
- OSHA 30 training required.
- Experience with construction projects, mechanical/electrical systems, building materials, building mechanics or working with craft workers.
- Knowledge of basic business principles sufficient to project and monitor expenses.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite including Word and Excel.
- Ability to read and understand technical specifications, blueprints, technical manuals, product/material installation instructions and engineering/architectural drawings.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
The successful candidate will be given an industry leading base salary plus a bonus plan based on total project value. Additionally a company truck program, gas card, phone, laptop and 401k is provided.
If you're interested in this role, reach out to me on LinkedIn or send me a copy of your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position within the Construction industry, please contact me for a confidential discussion on your career. We work with General Contractors in;
Healthcare Construction | High|rise Construction | Interior Renovations | Tenet Build Outs |K|12 Construction |Hospitality Construction |Mixed Use Construction |Retail Construction |Multifamily Construction
Oscar Associates Limited (US) is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.