over 2 years ago
Survey Manager - Norfolk, VA
$3.8bn design-build contract, at design stage, requires an experienced Survey Manager.
Project delivery is scheduled for November 2025, and is to ease congestion by adding 2-lane Bored Tunnels as well as the widening of the current 4 lane segments that connect North of Norfolk, VA and Hampton, VA.
The Survey Manager will read/interpret construction drawings and specifications to translate survey data for layout in the field for heavy infrastructure surveying work. You will plan, schedule, conduct and coordinate detailed phases of survey assignments. You will produce calculations and designs for alignments, drainage, structures and roadway modelling. You will also manage survey equipment resources, routine verifications and annual calibrations.
- College degree - preferably in Civil Engineering
- 10+ years surveying experience
- 1+ year experience managing survey teams for heavy infrastructure projects
- Particularly interested in candidates with experience of Tunnel Boring Machine (TBM) projects, Marine Bridge projects and heavy highway
- Requires the ability to inspect and supervise job operations and may be exposed to ongoing construction, with ability to access all areas of a jobsite
- Broad knowledge of land surveying
- Sound knowledge of geometry, probability, statistical inference, survey control network, least squares adjustment and common survey procedures that lead toward high accuracies
- Experience with Microstation Openroads, GEOPAK, Civil 3D and Trimble Business Center, 3D Machine control
- Average market rate salary is $100k-$110k for exactly 10 years' experience, however, focus is on the "value" of the individual and what specific experience he/she can bring
- Relocation bonus plus <30 days housing provided in local hotel
- Corporate benefits; medical insurance, 401k, PTO
Oscar Associates Limited (US) is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.