401k match, Bonus, Company Profit
over 1 year ago
My Client is a growing Heavy Civil/Highway construction contractor of 25 years.
Company has trebled in size in just 3 years and the goal is to continue to grow.
As the company grows it is essential to be building teams of talented hardworking individuals that push for collaboration, safety, quality, new ideas, and can take on new challenges.
As Vice President of Operations, you will be directing and leading the company's operation department and oversee all projects' safety, quality, and profitability.
This position will suit a dynamic individual looking to grow with a company and take an excellent civil contractor to the next level.
Client are offering excellent salary and bonuses for the right individual.
Responsibilities of the role:
- Manage the development, operations, and financial aspects of the company's operations division.
- Create and maintain company safety policies and procedures that ensures a safe and secure work environment.
- Direct construction functions and sequences of work to obtain optimum utilization of work force and equipment and meet production/revenue projections within budget.
- Directly involved in managing job cost analysis on all projects to ensure consistent profitability on all jobs, and to identify and make improvements where needed.
- Responsible for the execution of the company's strategic goals in line with the company's Vision and the outlined direction and budgets of the company.
- Establish operating policies consistent with the with the chief executive officer's policies and objectives and ensure their execution.
- Create and change the operation division structure and processes necessary to manage the organization's current activities and project growth through the design, develop and implement of the department's policies and procedures with Stand Operating Procedure (SOPs).
- Responsible for hiring and training project managers and superintendents.
- Manage and assist in the smooth and efficient flow of information throughout all departments in the organization.
- Directly accountable for P&L, client relations, and operations management.
- Direct and coordinate the establishment of budget, job costing, and standardized pricing programs to meet profitability goals.
- Analyze general economic, business, and financial conditions and their impact on the organization's policies and operations.
- Oversee and monitor purchasing activities of raw materials, equipment, machinery, and supplies.
- Work with the estimating department of the company to ensure accuracy, profitability, and competitive edge.
- General Superintendent
- Project Managers
- Safety Manager
Qualifications & Requirements
- Bachelor's in Construction Management, Engineering or Equivalent.
- 15+ years of Heavy Civil/Highway Construction
- 5+ years in Operations Senior Management
- 10+ years of concrete paving operations experience.
- 10+ years of underground utility operations experience.
- 10+ years of earthwork experience.
- Strong knowledge in analyzing job cost, Primavera P6 scheduling, procurement procedures, and ability to train and mentor others.
- Exemplify leadership qualities by showing direction, support, and motivation of staff.
Oscar Associates Limited (US) is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.